Welcome to Ministry of Health, Agriculture, Sports and Human Services
The Ministry of Health, Agriculture and Human Services (MoHAHS), under the leadership of Hon. Edwin Astwood, Premier and Minister, is responsible for the oversight and development of a robust and efficient health system that meets the priority health needs of its population. This involves:
- Formulation of policies, legislation, and strategies to govern the health and agriculture sectors;
- Regulation and licensing of respective facilities and professionals;
- Monitoring and evaluation of strategic objectives;
- Delivery of health, agriculture and human services;
- Execution of essential public and environmental health functions; and
- Mitigation of and response to natural and manmade disasters and emergencies that impact the health of the population.