Notice is hereby given to all those persons who hold a lease over Crown Land.
Please take notice that all those persons who hold a lease over crown land, whether that lease has expired or not, has an obligation to honour the conditions of that lease. In that regard, please be advised of the following:
- You must ensure that the lease you hold is up to date and is in good standing.
- You must ensure that you pay the land rent due and payable on the lease.
- If you are not in beneficial occupation of the parcel and your lease has expired, the Crown Land Unit will take steps to recover the land, unless you indicate that you wish to renew the lease or would like to purchase and / or acquire the Freehold Title over the land.
- For those persons in occupation of leasehold properties, you must take action, either to renew your lease or to purchase the Freehold Title over the land.
- If any lessee, whether you are in occupation of the land or not, fails to take action to renew the title over the land and/or fail to make the required land rent payments, steps will be taken by the Crown Land Unit to repossess the land on the basis that you have failed to satisfy the conditions under which the land was leased to you.
- Furthermore, please take notice that you have 28 days in which to respond to this notice. If you fail to do so within the prescribed time, we will have no other alternative but to serve you with individual notices indicating the repossession of the Crown Land you held under leasehold title.
Please, therefore, consider this as an official notice of our intention to repossess all Crown Land currently held under leasehold title, in which the lessee has defaulted in the payment of land rent (and / or mesne profits) due and payable, or he / she has failed to renew or bring the title up-to-date.