Ministry of Health Announces 13 New Cases off Covid-19 and Temporary Closure of Kew Clinic, North Caicos
The Ministry of Health Agriculture Sports and Human Services wishes to advise the public of thirteen (13) new cases of Covid-19 which were identified on 5.8.2020. Of these new cases three, were identified from North Caicos. These cases represent the first confirmed cases on the island of North Caicos. Individuals have been notified of their results and placed in mandatory quarantine and contact tracing are being conducted by the Public Health Team. As a result of the cases in North Caicos, the Primary Health Care Department will close the Nivelyn Butterfield Community Clinic in Kew, North Caicos for deep cleaning August 5th & 6th 2020. Residents of North Caicos are to report to the Bottle Creek Clinic during this time for emergencies only. This step is necessary as a result of a health care worker testing positive and is being taken in accordance with MOH guidelines.
Persons are reminded to contact the health hotlines if experiencing symptoms or signs of Covid-19 which may include; fever, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea and loss of the sense of smell/taste. Please do not visit health care facilities if you have symptoms unless they are severe.
The Ministry of Health wishes to remind the general public to take the relevant precautions at all times to prevent the spread of Covid-19;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not accessible
- Cover your cough/sneeze with your elbow or a tissue and properly dispose of it
- Wear face coverings in public
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet
- Stay home if you have symptoms of Covid-19 and call the health hotlines on 232 9444 or 333 0911
- Avoid mass gatherings
- Avoid non-essential travel including local, regional and international travel
- Cooperate fully with contact tracing teams if you are contacted
- Do not discriminate against persons suspected of having Covid-19
- Stay informed-visit the Ministry of Health website for up to date information on https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/