MINISTRY OF HEALTH'S COVID-19 UPDATE #414
The Ministry of Health advises the public that as at 12am on 29th April 2021:
THE TURKS & CAICOS ISLANDS CONTINUES TO SEE SOME CHANGES IN ITS COVID-19 POSITION. OVER THE PAST 24HRS TWO (2) NEW CASES OF COVID-19 HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED ON THE ISLAND OF PROVIDENCIALES.
ONE (1) NEW RECOVERY HAS BEEN RECORDED, BRINGING THE TOTAL NUMBER OF RECOVERIES TO TWO THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY-THREE (2343). THE NUMBER OF ACTIVE CONFIRMED CASES IN THE TCI NOW STANDS AT TWENTY-ONE (21). ONE (1) CONFIRMED CASE HAS BEEN ADMITTED BRINGING THE TOTAL NUMBER OF HOSPITALIZATIONS TO TWO (2). THE PUBLIC HEALTH TEAM CONTINUES TO IMPLEMENT AGGRESSIVE CONTACT TRACING AND CONTROL MEASURES IN RELATION TO ALL ACTIVE CASES.
TOTAL CONFIRMED POSITIVE CASES IDENTIFIED IN THE TCI TO DATE NOW STANDS AT TWO THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-EIGHT (2388). NO (0) NEW COVID-19 RELATED DEATH HAS BEEN RECORDED. TOTAL NUMBER OF COVID-19 RELATED DEATHS STANDS AT SEVENTEEN (17).
NINETY-TWO (92) NEW PCR TEST RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECORDED BY THE NATIONAL PUBLIC HEALTH LABORATORY. To date, the TCI has recorded a total of Nineteen thousand nine hundred and seventy (19,970) PCR test results, with Seventeen thousand five hundred and eighty-two (17,582) confirmed to be negative and two thousand three hundred and eighty-eight (2388) positive confirmations. In addition, six hundred and twenty-six (626) new Antigen test have been recorded, bringing the total number of Antigen test to Fifty-four thousand four hundred and sixty (54,460). All persons confirmed not to have COVID-19, and any contacts, (if quarantined, will be removed from quarantine/observation status) are asked to continue following proper guidelines from the Ministry of Health.
THE NUMBER OF PERSONS IN QUARANTINE/OBSERVATION AS INCREASED TO 506. This includes: Confirmed cases (21), primary and secondary contacts of confirmed cases (485) – Zero (0) persons are quarantined in a government facility. Persons under observation/quarantine, that are not confirmed or suspected cases, are either not displaying symptoms or have not met the case definition.
Local testing is being conducted for persons in a range of categories, according to the national testing strategy. This includes frontline workers and those who may need to travel for treatment abroad. These persons would not be reflected in quarantine numbers.
The public is strongly urged to follow all health advice and guidelines from the Ministry, especially as we progress with the phased reopening. The Public is strongly urged to continue to call the COVID-19 hotline if you are experiencing any COVID symptoms.
Let's continue to reduce the risk by:
- Washing our hands for 20secs or more.
- Wearing of masks required in public.
- Practicing social distancing.
- Prepare your home, office and other surroundings by following the advice of the Ministry of Health and other credible health agencies.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (use your elbow or a tissue which should be properly disposed of).
- Keep frequently touched surfaces clean e.g. tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
- Protect those who are vulnerable in the community such as the elderly or those with underlying health conditions.
- Do not discriminate against persons who have or are suspected of having COVID-19.