MINISTRY OF HEALTH'S COVID-19 UPDATE #305
The Ministry of Health advises the public that as at 12am on 9th January 2021:
OVER THE PAST 24HRS Twenty-nine (29) NEW cases of COVID-19 have been identified..
The number of Active confirmed cases in the TCI now stands at ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-FIVE (175).
One (1) New recovery.
Eighty-nine (89) new test conducted.
Number of persons in Quarantine is 442.
TWO (2) Confirmed case is quarantined at a government facility.
One (1) persons hospitalized.
No New COVID related Deaths have been recorded leaving the total number of deaths at 6.
The public is strongly urged to follow all health advice and guidelines from the Ministry, especially as we progress with the phased reopening. The Public is strongly urged to continue to call the COVID-19 hotline if you are experiencing any COVID symptoms..
Let's continue to reduce the risk by:
- Washing our hands for 20secs or more.
- Wearing of masks required in public.
- Practicing social distancing.
- Prepare your home, office and other surroundings by following the advice of the Ministry of Health and other credible health agencies.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (use your elbow or a tissue which should be properly disposed of).
- Keep frequently touched surfaces clean e.g. tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
- Protect those who are vulnerable in the community such as the elderly or those with underlying health conditions.
- Do not discriminate against persons who have or are suspected of having COVID-19.