CHANGES TO THE PRIMARY HEALTH CARE CLINIC SCHEDULES NATIONWIDE
The Ministry of Health Agriculture Sports and Human Services wishes to advise the public about the change in the Primary Health Care clinic hours commencing on March 30th 2020 for the next 21 days.
Grand Turk - 8:00 am to 12 noon, Monday to Friday.
Middle Caicos and Salt Cay - 8:00 am to 12 noon, Monday to Friday. Emergencies only after closing time.
South Caicos and North Caicos - 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Emergencies only after closing time.
Providenciales - 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday to Friday Blue Hills Community Clinic and Cheshire Hall Medical Center. Extended clinic hours at the Cheshire Hall Medical Center 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday and 9:00 am to 12:00 noon Saturday.
The following changes also applies:
- The number of persons seen at the clinics during this time will be reduced to avoid crowded waiting areas, thereby ensuring social distancing is practiced. Strict triage of clients will be enforced. Persons experiencing coughs and fever should contact the department through the hotlines and avoid approaching health care facilities without prior notification.
- Child Health Clinics: No more than 10 mothers will be allowed in the waiting area at the Cheshire Hall Medical Center clinic on immunization days. Only babies who are due their 6 months, 1 year and 2-year vaccine will be seen in the clinic.
- The mobile clinic will visit the community for immunization for children of other ages in Providenciales. No more than 3 mothers with infants will be allowed in the waiting room in the other primary care clinics. Only the child that needs to be immunized must come to the clinic along with their parent.
- Prenatal clinics will be reduced to High Risk patients only; these clients will be contacted and given an appointment.
- No routine medicals will be done during this time.
- Clients are encouraged to ensure refill prescriptions are obtained when they are on their last week’s supply of medication.
- Any health concern can be discussed via telephone for further guidance.
- Clinic Contact Numbers are:
- Salt Cay 232-6970
- Grand Turk 338-54617
- South Caicos 232-3216
- Middle Caicos 232-6145
- Bottle Creek 342-6857
- Kew 946-7397
- Blue Hills 946-5613
- Cheshire Hall 338-5474
- Clients can contact the Health Hotline at 232-9444 or 333-0911 between 6:00 am and 11:00 pm for COVID19 related advice. Alternatively, please visit the Ministry of Health’s website https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/ for up to date information and guidance.