SUSPENSION OF SERVICES AT THE PRIMARY HEALTH CARE CLINIC IN GRAND TURK
The Primary Health Care clinic on the island of Grand Turk will be closed during the week of September 7th 2020. This is to facilitate contact tracing and other public health activities on the island of Grand Turk. During this time, residents are to visit the Cockburn Town Medical Centre if in need of medical attention.
Persons are reminded to contact the health hotlines if experiencing symptoms or signs of Covid-19 which may include; fever, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea and loss of the sense of smell/taste. Please do not visit health care facilities if you have symptoms unless they are severe.
The Ministry of Health wishes to remind the general public to take the relevant precautions at all times to prevent the spread of Covid-19;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not accessible
- Cover your cough/sneeze with your elbow or a tissue and properly dispose of it
- Wear face coverings in public
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet
- Stay home if you have symptoms of Covid-19 and call the health hotlines on 232 9444 or 333 0911
- Avoid mass gatherings
- Avoid non-essential travel including local, regional and international travel
- Cooperate fully with contact tracing teams if you are contacted
- Do not discriminate against persons suspected of having Covid-19
- Stay informed-visit the Ministry of Health website for up to date information on https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/