MINISTRY OF HEALTH OFFICE IN GRAND TURK CLOSES TEMPORARILY FOR DEEP CLEANING
The Ministry Health’s Office in Grand Turk will be closed to the general public from 1st September 2020 until 4th September 2020 in order to facilitate deep cleaning. This is being undertaken out of an abundance of caution following contact tracing efforts by the Public Health Team. The Ministry of Health wishes to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, staff will continue to work remotely.
The Ministry of Health wishes to remind the general public to practice the relevant public health measures in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19 throughout the TCI.
- Continue to build their immune system by taking a daily supplement of vitamin C and D3;
- Eat healthy servings of fruit and vegetables as part of their daily diet;
- Stay hydrated – drink at least 8 glasses of water daily;
- Wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available;
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet between persons;
- Wear face coverings in public settings;
- Avoid mass gatherings or crowds;
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or use disposable tissues;
- If you have symptoms of Covid-19 which include cough, shortness of breath, fever, diarrhea, loss of sense of taste or smell-please stay home and contact the Health Hotlines on 232 9444, or 333 0911;
- Do not visit health care facilities if you have symptoms or signs of Covid-19, call the Health Hotlines for guidance unless your symptoms are severe;
- If you are under quarantine by the Public Health Team, please remain at home and comply with the guidance provided to you;
- If you are contacted by the Public Health Team as a part of contact tracing activities, please provide all of the information requested to assist them in their investigations;
- Develop a Covid-19 Family Plan;
- Refrain from speculation and spreading rumors;
- Stay informed with the latest information from the Ministry of Health by visiting our website on https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/.