TCI RECORDS ITS FOURTH COVID-19 RELATED DEATH
Today, 31st August 2020, the Ministry of Health reports its fourth Covid-19 related death. Efforts are underway to notify the next of kin and an investigation is ongoing into the full circumstances of the individual’s death. The thoughts and prayers of the Ministry of Health are with the family and friends of this individual.
The Ministry of Health wishes to remind the general public to practice the relevant public health measures in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19 throughout the TCI.
- Wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet between persons
- Wear face coverings in public settings
- Avoid mass gatherings or crowds
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or use disposable tissues
- If you have symptoms of Covid-19 which include; cough, shortness of breath, fever, diarrhea, loss of sense of taste or smell-please stay home and contact the Health Hotlines on 232 9444, or 333 0911
- Do not visit health care facilities if you have symptoms or signs of Covid-19, call the Health Hotlines for guidance unless your symptoms are severe
- If you are under quartine by the Public Health Team, please remain at home and comply with the guidance provided to you
- If you are contacted by the Public Health Team as a part of contact tracing activities, please provide all of the information requested to assist them in their investigations
- Refrain from speculation and spreading rumors
- Stay informed with the latest information from the Ministry of Health by visiting our website on https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/