NEW COVID-19 QUARANTINE RELEASE GUIDELINES
The Government recently announced the revision of the quarantine release guidelines which are being implemented in the TCI. The guidelines indicate that there has been a change in the requirement for persons to receive two consecutive RT PCR negative results at the end of 14 days quarantine before being released following a period of quarantine for COVID-19, whether that person tested positive for COVID-19 or whether they were a negative close contact of an individual with COVID-19. There are, however, retesting requirements for high risk groups.
The Ministry of Health will be reaching out to all persons who are currently in quarantine and have already fulfilled the quarantine requirements in order to formally release them. Persons are requested to await formal contact from the Public Health Team in order to be provided with the relevant information and guidance.
We would like to thank everyone for their anticipated cooperation as these individuals are released.
The Ministry of Health wishes to remind the general public to take the relevant precautions at all times to prevent the spread of COVID-19;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your cough/sneeze with your elbow or a tissue and properly dispose of it.
- Wear face coverings in public.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet.
- Stay home if you have symptoms of COVID-19 and call the health hotlines on 232 9444 or 333 091
- Avoid mass gatherings.
- Avoid non-essential travel including local, regional and international travel.
- Cooperate fully with contact tracing teams if you are contacted.
- Do not discriminate against persons suspected of having COVID-19.
- Stay informed-visit the Ministry of Health website for up to date information on https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/