CHANGE IN PRIMARY HEALTH CLINIC SCHEDULES
Effectively immediately, all Primary Health Care Department clinics on the islands of Grand Turk, North Caicos and Providenciales will operate between the hours of 9 am to 1 pm daily. This change is to ensure that the contact tracing teams are able to meet the needs of the public in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Residents on the islands of North Caicos may call the emergency numbers for their respective clinics as usual. The daily clinic at Cheshire Hall Medical Center will cease operation from August 25th, 2020 and will reopen on August 31st, 2020. During this period, the extended hours clinic will operate between the hours of 4 pm to 6 pm.
Persons are reminded to contact the health hotlines if experiencing symptoms or signs of Covid-19 which may include; fever, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea and loss of the sense of smell/taste. Please do not visit health care facilities if you have symptoms unless they are severe.
The Ministry of Health wishes to remind the general public to take the relevant precautions at all times to prevent the spread of Covid-19;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not accessible
- Cover your cough/sneeze with your elbow or a tissue and properly dispose of it
- Wear face coverings in public
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet
- Stay home if you have symptoms of Covid-19 and call the health hotlines on 232 9444 or 333 0911
- Avoid mass gatherings
- Avoid non-essential travel including local, regional and international travel
- Cooperate fully with contact tracing teams if you are contacted
- Do not discriminate against persons suspected of having Covid-19
- Stay informed-visit the Ministry of Health website for up to date information on https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/