MINISTRY OF HEALTH ANNOUNCES FIRST CASE OF COVID-19 IN GRAND TURK
The Ministry of Health wishes to advise the general public that today, 24th August 2020, the first case of Covid-19 was identified on the island of Grand Turk. Covid-19 cases have now been reported on the islands of Providenciales, Parrot Cay, North Caicos and Grand Turk. The individual is a resident at the Wellness Center and is in a stable condition. The client has been isolated and is being cared for by the staff. Contact tracing will commence by the Public Health Team inclusive of both staff and other residents of the Wellness Center.
The Ministry of Health encourages all persons in the TCI to practice proper prevention measures inclusive of;
- Frequent handwashing for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer in the absence of soap and water
- Use of face coverings in public settings
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet
- Stay home if you have symptoms or signs of Covid-19 including cough, fever, shortness of breath, diarrhea, headache, loss of sense of smell/taste.
- Call the Health Hotlines if you have symptoms or signs of Covid-19 on 232 9444 or 333 0911
- Avoid all non-essential travel-including local, regional and international travel
- Stay up to date with information on Covid-19 by visiting the Ministry of Health’s website on; https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/