THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH ANNOUNCES TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF ITS PROVO OFFICE
The Ministry of Health Agriculture Sports and Human Services wishes to advise the public of the temporary closure of its Provo office for deep cleaning. A member of staff has tested positive for COVID19 and another was in contact with a positive case. Contact tracing and testing in accordance with established MOH protocols is ongoing. As a result of this and in keeping with MOH guidelines, deep cleaning will be undertaken to ensure the safety of staff and customers who access our offices. The office will reopen Monday August 24th, 2020.
Persons are reminded to contact the health hotlines if experiencing symptoms or signs of Covid-19 which may include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea and loss of the sense of smell/taste. Please do not visit healthcare facilities if you have symptoms unless they are severe.
The Ministry of Health wishes to remind the general public to take the relevant precautions at all times to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not accessible
- Cover your cough/sneeze with your elbow or a tissue and properly dispose of it
- Wear face coverings in public
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet
- Stay home if you have symptoms of Covid-19 and call the health hotlines on 232 9444 or 333 0911
- Avoid mass gatherings
- Avoid non-essential travel including local, regional and international travel
- Cooperate fully with contact tracing teams if you are contacted
- Do not discriminate against persons suspected of having Covid-19
Stay informed-visit the Ministry of Health website for up to date information on https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/