INTERISLAND TRAVEL APPROVAL PROCESS
The Ministry of a Health, in accordance with the Public and Environmental Health (COVID-19)(Control Measures)Regulations 2020 which came into force on Monday 10th August 2020, wishes to advise all persons in the TCI of the requirements for local travel.
Effective 10 August 2020, there is a restriction on non-essential travel between the islands as follows:
Restriction on domestic travel
- (1) From 10 August 2020 to 5:00 a.m. on 31 August 2020, no person shall offer for hire or seek to travel on any interisland private or commercial air or sea transport that is non-essential, provided that an airline or a boat shall reduce the number of persons traveling on interisland transportation to permit physical distancing.
- For the purposes of sub-regulation (1), travel for the purpose of banking, businesses under regulation 4(3)(p), doctor and hospital visits, funeral, travel for international travel, emergencies and cargo shall be considered as essential.
- A member of the House of Assembly may travel from another island, to attend a meeting of the House of Assembly in the island of Grand Turk.
- A person who intends to travel interisland shall before undertaking such travel apply to the Ministry of Health for travel authorisation by completing the Interisland Travel Authorisation Form set out on the Ministry of Health website and subject himself to a temperature check prior to his travel.
- Every person travelling interisland shall adhere to all health protocols relevant for domestic travel.
In accordance with the regulations set forth, persons wishing to travel between the islands for essential purposes only, may apply by completing the Interisland Travel Authorisation form which can be found on the Ministry of Health’s website https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/resources/forms.