MINISTRY OF HEALTH REPORTS 12 NEW CASES OF COVID-19
Within the last 24hrs and confirmed this morning we now have twelve (12) new cases of Covid-19. This brings the total number of cases for TCI to 28. These new cases represent 16 new cases which have been reported this week.
Eleven of the new cases are contacts of the case reported on 25th June 2020 and resulted from a gathering whereby the participants were likely exposed.
The other case is unrelated to the group and has been admitted to the Cheshire Hall Medical Center for ongoing management and support.
All of the new cases and their contacts have been quarantined and additional individuals will be quarantined following the ongoing contact tracing being carried out by Public Health.
The Public Health team has been fully mobilized in response to these additional cases with active contact tracing, testing and control measures being implemented.
It is to be expected that additional positive cases will be identified over the coming days however this will allow control measures to be rapidly implemented in order to prevent spread within the community.
The Public Health England team who are in country on a technical visit have also been engaged by the Ministry of Health and are providing support to the activities which are currently underway.
The National Public Health Laboratory is playing a critical role in supporting the tracing and testing efforts and within country testing, the Ministry of Health has been able to identify positive cases of COVID-19 to assist with the implementation of control measures.
The Ministry of Health is urging all residents to take all of the precautions in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and also encourages persons who may be experiencing symptoms or signs of COVID-19 to stay at home and contact the Health Hotlines.
Continue to protect yourself and others by;
- Staying home if you are experiencing the following symptoms; cough, fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, body aches or diarrhea.
- Contact the health hotlines on 232 9444 or 333 0911 if you are experiencing symptoms or signs of COVID-19.
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Practicing social distancing at all times-keeping 6 feet from other persons
- Using face coverings when in public (must cover mouth and nose)
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (use your elbow or a tissue which should be properly disposed of)
- Keep frequently touched surfaces clean e.g. tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
- Protect those who are vulnerable in the community such as the elderly or those with underlying health conditions
- Do not discriminate against persons who have or are suspected of having COVID-19
- Stay informed about Covid-19-visit the Ministry of Health’s website https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/.