MINISTRY OF HEALTH'S COVID-19 UPDATE #747
The Ministry of Health advises the public that as of October 23rd to October 29th 2022: THE TURKS & CAICOS ISLANDS CONTINUES TO SEE CHANGES IN ITS COVID-19 POSITION. OVER THE PAST WEEK TWO (2) NEW CASES OF COVID-19 HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED.
NO (0) NEW RECOVERIES HAVE BEEN RECORDED, LEAVING THE TOTAL NUMBER OF RECOVERIES AT SIX THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-FOUR (6364). THE NUMBER OF ACTIVE CONFIRMED CASES IN THE TCI NOW STANDS AT SIXTEEN (16). THE TOTAL NUMBER OF HOSPITALIZATIONS REMAINS ZERO (0). THE PUBLIC HEALTH TEAM CONTINUES TO IMPLEMENT AGGRESSIVE CONTACT TRACING AND CONTROL MEASURES IN RELATION TO ALL ACTIVE CASES.
TOTAL CONFIRMED POSITIVE CASES IDENTIFIED IN THE TCI TO DATE STANDS AT SIX THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY-ONE (6431). NO (0) NEW COVID-19 RELATED DEATHS HAVE BEEN RECORDED. THE TOTAL NUMBER OF DEATHS IS THIRTY-SIX (36).
FORTY-TWO (42) NEW PCR TEST RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECORDED BY THE NATIONAL PUBLIC HEALTH LABORATORY. To date, the TCI has recorded a total of sixty thousand eight hundred and thirty-six (60,836) PCR test results and six thousand four hundred and thirty-one (6431) positive confirmations. In addition, two (2) new Antigen test have been recorded, bringing the total number of Antigen test to Five hundred and fifty thousand two hundred and three (550,203). All persons confirmed not to have COVID-19, and any contacts, (if quarantined, will be removed from quarantine/observation status) are asked to continue following proper guidelines from the Ministry of Health.
Local testing is being conducted for persons in a range of categories, according to the national testing strategy. This includes frontline workers and those who may need to travel for treatment abroad. These persons would not be reflected in quarantine numbers.
The public is strongly urged to follow all health advice and guidelines from the Ministry, especially as we progress with the phased reopening.
Please note the following definitions:
- A suspected person is someone who meets the case definition as outlined by WHO and CARPHA - and is experiencing symptoms.
- A person in quarantine is an individual on island who may have come in proximity to suspected or confirmed cases - and have not exhibited symptoms.
Let's continue to reduce the risk by:
- Washing our hands for 20secs or more.
- Wearing of masks required in public.
- Practicing social distancing.
- Prepare your home, office and other surroundings by following the advice of the Ministry of Health and other credible health agencies.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (use your elbow or a tissue which should be properly disposed of).
- Keep frequently touched surfaces clean e.g. tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
- Protect those who are vulnerable in the community such as the elderly or those with underlying health conditions.
- Do not discriminate against persons who have or are suspected of having COVID-19.