MINISTRY OF HEALTH'S COVID-19 UPDATE #737
The Ministry of Health advises the public that as of 10th July to 16th July 2022:
THE TURKS & CAICOS ISLANDS CONTINUES TO SEE CHANGES IN ITS COVID-19 POSITION. OVER THE PAST WEEK TWENTY-FOUR (24) NEW CASES OF COVID-19 HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED.
SEVEN (7) NEW RECOVERIES HAVE BEEN RECORDED, BRINGING THE TOTAL NUMBER OF RECOVERIES TO SIX THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-ONE (6151). THE NUMBER OF ACTIVE CONFIRMED CASES IN THE TCI NOW STANDS AT SEVENTY-SEVEN (77). ONE (1) CONFIRMED CASE HAS BEEN ADMITTED BRINGING THE TOTAL NUMBER OF HOSPITALIZATIONS TO ONE (1). THE PUBLIC HEALTH TEAM CONTINUES TO IMPLEMENT AGGRESSIVE CONTACT TRACING AND CONTROL MEASURES IN RELATION TO ALL ACTIVE CASES.
TOTAL CONFIRMED POSITIVE CASES IDENTIFIED IN THE TCI TO DATE STANDS AT SIX THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-NINE (6279). NO (0) NEW COVID-19 RELATED DEATHS HAVE BEEN RECORDED. THE TOTAL NUMBER OF DEATHS IS THIRTY-SIX (36).
SEVENTY-FIVE (75) NEW PCR TEST RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECORDED BY THE NATIONAL PUBLIC HEALTH LABORATORY. To date, the TCI has recorded a total of fifty-nine thousand seven hundred and thirty-six (59,736) PCR test results and six thousand two hundred and seventy-nine (6279) positive confirmations. In addition, ninety-five (95) new Antigen test have been recorded, bringing the total number of Antigen test to Five hundred and forty-eight thousand seven hundred and eighty-seven (548,787). All persons confirmed not to have COVID-19, and any contacts, (if quarantined, will be removed from quarantine/observation status) are asked to continue following proper guidelines from the Ministry of Health.
Let's continue to reduce the risk by:
- Washing our hands for 20secs or more.
- Wearing of masks required in public.
- Practicing social distancing.
- Prepare your home, office and other surroundings by following the advice of the Ministry of Health and other credible health agencies.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (use your elbow or a tissue which should be properly disposed of).
- Keep frequently touched surfaces clean e.g. tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
- Protect those who are vulnerable in the community such as the elderly or those with underlying health conditions.
- Do not discriminate against persons who have or are suspected of having COVID-19.