MINISTRY OF HEALTH'S COVID-19 UPDATE #669
The Ministry of Health advises the public that as at 12am on 9th January 2022:
OVER THE PAST 24HRS four (4) NEW cases of COVID-19 have been identified.
The number of Active confirmed cases in the TCI stands at four hundred and two (402).
One hundred and twenty-one (121) New recoveries.
Thirty-three (33) new PCR test conducted.
One thousand two hundred and sixty-five (1265) new Antigen test have been recorded.
Two (2) persons hospitalized.
No (0) NEW COVID-19 related Death has been recorded. Total number of covid-19 related deaths stands at twenty-seven (27).
The public is strongly urged to follow all health advice and guidelines from the Ministry, especially as we progress with the phased reopening.
Please note the following definitions:
- A suspected person is someone who meets the case definition as outlined by WHO and CARPHA - and is experiencing symptoms.
- A person in quarantine is an individual on island who may have come in proximity to suspected or confirmed cases - and have not exhibited symptoms.
Let's continue to reduce the risk by:
- Washing our hands for 20secs or more.
- Wearing of masks required in public.
- Practicing social distancing.
- Prepare your home, office and other surroundings by following the advice of the Ministry of Health and other credible health agencies.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (use your elbow or a tissue which should be properly disposed of).
- Keep frequently touched surfaces clean e.g. tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
- Protect those who are vulnerable in the community such as the elderly or those with underlying health conditions.
- Do not discriminate against persons who have or are suspected of having COVID-19.