MINISTRY OF HEALTH'S COVID-19 UPDATE #623
The Ministry of Health advises the public that as at 12am on 24th November 2021:
OVER THE PAST 24HRS Four (4) NEW cases of COVID-19 have been identified.
The number of Active confirmed cases in the TCI now stands at Thirty-nine (39).
No (0) New recoveries.
Seventy-two (72) new PCR test conducted.
Six hundred and seventy-six (676) new Antigen test have been conducted.
Zero (0) persons hospitalized.
Zero (0) NEW COVID related Death has been recorded leaving the total number of deaths stands at twenty-three (23).
The public is strongly urged to follow all health advice and guidelines from the Ministry, especially as we progress with the phased reopening.
Please note the following definitions:
- A suspected person is someone who meets the case definition as outlined by WHO and CARPHA - and is experiencing symptoms.
- A person in quarantine is an individual on island who may have come in proximity to suspected or confirmed cases - and have not exhibited symptoms.
Let's continue to reduce the risk by:
- Washing our hands for 20secs or more.
- Wearing of masks required in public.
- Practicing social distancing.
- Prepare your home, office and other surroundings by following the advice of the Ministry of Health and other credible health agencies.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (use your elbow or a tissue which should be properly disposed of).
- Keep frequently touched surfaces clean e.g. tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
- Protect those who are vulnerable in the community such as the elderly or those with underlying health conditions.
- Do not discriminate against persons who have or are suspected of having COVID-19.