Updated list of approved vaccines for entry to the TCI
The TCI has amended its list of approved vaccines for visitors to enter the TCI. The list of 4 previously approved vaccines has been revised to include individuals who have been fully vaccinated as defined in the Regulations, with any World Health Organisation (WHO) approved vaccines. This expands the current list of approved vaccines to now include the following vaccines;
- Sinopharm (BBIP-CorV (Vero Cells))
- Sinovac (CoronaVac)
It is expected that this list will evolve based on the ongoing review of technical data related to the various vaccines against COVID-19 which have been or are being developed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The updated guidelines can be found on the Ministry of Health’s website https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/.
The COVID19 vaccines are vital to ensuring the resumption of activities in the TCI by minimizing the risk of COVID-19 in the general public.
The MOH takes this opportunity to remind the general public to practice the public health protocols at all times and if eligible for the vaccine, to reach out to their health care providers to be vaccinated and if eligible to receive the booster, to do so.
- Wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet between persons
- Wear face coverings in public settings (covering nose and mouth)
- Avoid mass gatherings or crowds
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or use disposable tissues
- Comply with public health measures
- Stay home where possible
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 which include; cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, fever, diarrhea, loss of sense of taste or smell-please stay home and contact the Health Hotlines on 232 9444or 333 0911
- Do not visit health care facilities if you have symptoms or signs of COVID-19, call the Health Hotlines for guidance. If your symptoms are severe, please call 911
- If you are under quarantine by the Public Health Team, please remain at home and comply with the guidance provided to you.
- If you are contacted by the Public Health Team as a part of contact tracing activities, please provide all of the information requested to assist them in their investigations
- Refrain from speculation and spreading rumors
- Stay informed with the latest information from the Ministry of Health by visiting our website on https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/
- Consult with your healthcare provider regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine: