MINISTRY OF HEALTH'S COVID-19 UPDATE #549
The Ministry of Health advises the public that as at 12am on 11th September 2021:
OVER THE PAST 24HRS Five (5) NEW cases of COVID-19 have been identified.
The number of Active confirmed cases in the TCI now stands at One hundred and seven (107).
Three (3) New recoveries.
One hundred and twenty-nine (129) new PCR test conducted.
Five hundred and ninety-four (594) new Antigen
Antigen test have been conducted.
Two (2) persons hospitalized.
Zero(0) NEW COVID related Deaths has been recorded leaving the total number of deaths stands at twenty (20).
The public is strongly urged to follow all health advice and guidelines from the Ministry, especially as we progress with the phased reopening.
Please note the following definitions:
- A suspected person is someone who meets the case definition as outlined by WHO and CARPHA - and is experiencing symptoms.
- A person in quarantine is an individual on island who may have come in proximity to suspected or confirmed cases - and have not exhibited symptoms.
Let's continue to reduce the risk by:
- Washing our hands for 20secs or more.
- Wearing of masks required in public.
- Practicing social distancing.
- Prepare your home, office and other surroundings by following the advice of the Ministry of Health and other credible health agencies.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (use your elbow or a tissue which should be properly disposed of).
- Keep frequently touched surfaces clean e.g. tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
- Protect those who are vulnerable in the community such as the elderly or those with underlying health conditions.
- Do not discriminate against persons who have or are suspected of having COVID-19.