If an employer or employee wants to report a dispute to Labour Administration, this is the process to follow:
- Meet with a Labour Inspector to report a dispute - this meeting can happen in person or via phone - an appointment may be necessary.
- At such a meeting the Labour Inspector will need to complete paperwork - bring any documentation you may have.
- The Labour Inspector will have 21 days to help you and your partner agree on a resolution to your dispute.
- If after 21 days you have not agreed on how to resolve the dispute the Commissioner of Labour will have seven days to help you reach agreement.
- If you are still not able to resolve the dispute the Commissioner will have the matter referred to the Labour Tribunal.
NOTE: The first report of an employment dispute should be made to a Labour Inspector.