First Time Students / New Students Registration
In March each year, children of compulsory school age and who are either entering school for the first time in Infant 1 (Primary Level - K1) or are moving on to high school in Form 1 (Secondary Level) must complete the registration process.
Parents or guardians who wish to apply for registration of a child to attend a public school in the Turks and Caicos Islands must accurately complete all sections of the application form, as well as provide the required documents. The required documents are:
- Completed Registration Form
- Passport Size Photo of Child
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Immunization Card
- Child’s Medical Certificate (Form 1 ONLY)
- Mother’s Passport Bio-Data Page
- Mother’s Proof of Status
- Father’s Passport Bio-Data Page
- Father’s Proof of Status
- Proof of Legal Guardianship verified by the Department of Social Development (where applicable)
- Guardian’s Passport Bio-Data Page (where applicable)
- Guardian’s Proof of Status (where applicable)
Please be reminded that completing the application form does not guarantee placement in a public school nor does it guarantee placement at the preferred school. If all of the required documents are not provided, the application will not be processed.
THE FINAL PLACEMENT LIST FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS WILL BE POSTED AT THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION ON THE FIRST MONDAY IN JUNE.
Please download the form, complete and forward to the email address stated on the form.
The waitlist will only apply to students who are seeking enrolment in the following Grades or Forms:
- Infant 2 (K2) – Grade Five
- Second Form – Fourth Form
In April each year, students who are seeking enrolment in the above mentioned Grades/Forms must complete the waitlist process.
Parents or guardians who wish for their child to attend a public school in the Turks and Caicos Islands must accurately complete all sections of the application form. Once a space becomes available, the parent/guardian will be contacted and asked to provide the required documents.
Transfer Students (Public School to Public School)
If you wish to transfer your child from one public school to another, you should visit the school where the child is enrolled and speak with the Principal about your request. The process can take up to two (2) weeks to be completed, therefore, please follow up with the Principal of the school.
Parents are also reminded of the following:
- All requests for transfer of a student must be made in writing by the parent or guardian who registered the child.
- The parent/guardian MUSTpresent a valid government issued identification card at the office at the time of making the request.
The Turks and Caicos Islands Department of Education Special Needs Registry is an initiative of The Special Education Unit. Its purpose is to compile and maintain a list of individuals who have “special needs” due to mental/cognitive/neurological, developmental, physical or any other diagnosed disabilities and who resides in our country. Special education is most effective when a student's special needs are identified, diagnosed, and accommodated as early as possible.
Registration allows the Ministry of Education to learn about your child's needs and where he/she is located on the island, allowing us to better serve him/her!
If your child has an assessment report indicating an Official Diagnosis of a special need, please complete the application form and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org