Ministry of Education, Youth, Culture, Social & Library Services
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
Turks & Caicos Islands Government
Tel: Grand Turk (649) 338-2684 – Provo (649) 338-4008
Social Enhancement Aid Stimulus Package Application Guidelines
This application form must be completed in order to be considered for the Coronavirus Social Enhancement Aid Stimulus Package which provides access to vulnerable persons within the TCI who have been significantly affected in terms of their social needs.
WHAT IS THE CORONAVIRUS SOCIAL ENHANCEMENT AID STIMULUS PROGRAMME?
The Coronavirus Social Enhancement Aid Programme stimulus package is the Turks and Caicos Islands Government’s response to the expected economic fallout from the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic in relation to the vulnerable populations that would be impacted. Vulnerable persons within the Turks and Caicos Islands have been significantly affected in terms of their inability to provide the basic necessities such as food for their children and families as a result of the global economic downfall in the world caused by the COVID-19 virus.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The COVID19 Social Enhancement Aid Stimulus programme will be accessible by vulnerable persons within the TCI population who are in need of social support and includes individuals who are:
- Turks and Caicos Islanders who were residing in the Islands prior to March 14, 2020 and at the time of application, living in the Turks and Caicos Islands;
- not recipients of any other financial assistance available under the Ministry of Finance / Government’s Coronavirus (Covid-19) Stimulus Package- CASH GRANT programme.
- This program is NOT available to persons other than individuals with valid Turks and Caicos Islander Status. As such persons with Permanent Residence Certificate or Work Permit Holders does not qualify for assistance under this program.
- Persons who are currently on the Social Enhancement Aid and Home Help Aid Programmes with the Department of Social Development will continue to receive their financial support uninterrupted at the existing monthly rate. As such these individuals will NOT benefit from the COVID19 Social Enhancement Aid Stimulus programme.
The vulnerable is defined as a person in need of special care, support, or protection because of age, disability, unemployment or risk of abuse or neglect.
The following categories of persons can benefit from this programme:
Elderly: A person over the age of seventy (70) (under a special program in conjunction with the Special Needs Dept. under the Ministry of Health.)
Unemployed: A person who is not working and has not been working as a result of the downturn in the economy due to the pandemic COVID19.
Underemployed: A person who is employed and receiving an income of less than $600 per month as a result of the COVID -19.
Single Parent: a person raising a child [ren] without a partner and income is below $600 per month
WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED?
The following supporting documents must be provided otherwise the application will be deemed incomplete and will not be processed.
- Turks and Caicos Islander Status or other proof of TCI status,
- Government issued identification (e.g. passport photo page, Driver’s license, NIB/ NHIP Card)
- Provide copies of expenses (i.e. mortgage/rent, electricity, water)
- Provide a letter of employment with recent earnings or provide a copy of most recent pay slip (if applicable)
HOW MUCH IS THE BENEFIT?
The benefit is in the amount of $200 to provide food assistance to support a family of four (4) or less.
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF THE BENEFIT?
The financial assistance that will be provided to the public through the Corona Virus Social Enhancement Aid Stimulus Programme will be for a period of three (3) months ONLY
HOW TO ACCESS THE BENEFIT?
Payments will be made via grocery store gift cards or food vouchers to the grocery stores identified along with the applicant’s detail identifying information within one (1) week of the date on the letter of approval.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply for the Coronavirus Social Enhancement Aid Stimulus Programme go to:
Applicants can also What’s app the application and supporting documents by taking a picture of it and sending it to: