Who can apply for a residence permit?
A residence permit may be issued to the following persons:
A person of Independent Means –
More specifically, this person is able to maintain his/herself and dependants in the islands without either persons engaging in gainful occupation. Additionally the applicant rents a home or owns a home or has available to him a house that is indicative of an acceptable standard of living in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
A person who has invested in a Home or Business and meets the following criteria.
(a) If the applicant has invested
- in the islands of Providencailes or West Caicos, the investment must not be less than $500,000
- in the islands of Grand Turk, Salt Cay, South Caicos, Middle Caicos or North Caicos, the investment must not be less than $250,000
(b) The applicant nor dependants intend to engage in any gainful occupation other activities that are necessary oversee his investment.
(c) The applicant is able to maintain himself and his dependants in the islands without engaging in any gainful occupation other activities that are necessary oversee his investment.
A person who is the spouse of an Islander or British or British Overseas Territory Citizen and lives with that spouse.
What conditions are attached to issuance of a residence permit?
- A person who acquires a residence permit by virtue of being a person of independent means and investment in a home or business is unable to engage in any gainful occupation other activities that are necessary oversee his investment
- A person who acquires a residence permit by virtue of being the spouse of an Islander or British Overseas Territory Citizen is able to work without a work permit, as indicated by an endorsement on the permit, provided he/she lives with that spouse.
How do I apply for a residence permit?
Applications for a Residence Permit must be submitted using the prescribed application form to the Director of Immigration.
How long will it take for the application to be decided?
Provided all the required documents are submitted and the application form is properly completed, applications will be decided within four weeks.
How much does it cost to apply for a residence permit?
- Independent Means/Investment - $1500 plus $150 non-refundable administrative
- Spouse of an Islander or BOTC - $1500 plus $150 non-refundable administrative
Can a spouse or child be endorsed on a residence permit?
Only a spouse or dependant child under the age of 18 may be endorsed.
The fee is $500 plus $150 administrative fee.